نویسنده :کانون ادوار
تاریخ:شنبه 17 مرداد 1394-11:17 ب.ظ
مطلب حاضر توسط آقای دکتر هادی بصیرزاده عضو هیات علمی دانشکده علوم ریاضی و کامپیوتر و از اعضای هیات مدیره کانون هیات رئیسه ادوار دانشگاه ارسال گردیده که عینا جهت استحضار خوانندگان محترم وبلاگ تقدیم می گردد:
Appointment of Vice-Chancellors: Rules, Procedures and Intentions
K. Sudha RaoAbstract:
Mithilesh Kr. Singh,
Mithilesh Kr. Singh,
Universities are autonomous and the Vice-Chancellor is the leader of a higher education institution. As per the norm he/she should be an eminent academician, excellent administrator and also someone who has a high moral stature. How the Vice-Chancellor is selected and appointed; the process and procedure adopted for the appointment in universities and the relationship between Governments and universities in this process, are interesting issues. In this paper an attempt has been made to analyse different methods adopted for the appointment of Vice-Chancellors in Indian universities along with those of some foreign universities. Acts and statutes of 144 Indian universities have been analysed and the differences existing in states/universities and different methods adopted by foreign universities on the basis of a survey carried out by Commonwealth Higher Education Management Service (CHEMS) 1996 have
been highlighted. As a word of caution, the analysis of various Universities’ Acts is made as available at the time of study in the libraries of universities and might have been updated with the latest amendments but are yet to reach the libraries.
Download full paper
Selection Criteria for the Vice Chancellor/ RectorThe Search Committee is encouraged to invite and or nominate potential candidates for the position of Vice Chancellor/ Rector, in writing, explaining the basis of recommendation and having been availed willingness of the nominee to assume the responsibility and honor of governing a public sector university.
1. Should preferably have earned doctorate degree in an academic discipline.
2. Should have attained a distinguished leadership preferably in education and academic administration and management with proven track record of extensive experience and skills in initiating and managing change, strategic planning and overseeing the implementation of plans through to outcomes.
3. In-depth knowledge of the major issues affecting learning and teaching in higher education, funding and technological developments.
4. Thorough understanding of the scholarly purposes of a university, and of the economic, social and political issues faced by the higher education sector nationally and internationally.
5. An understanding of the diverse needs of and issues pertaining different disciplines in higher education and the ability to form and balance priorities relevant to national socioeconomic needs and growth.
6. Ability to represent the university effectively, nationally and internationally, especially with government, business and the wider community.
7. In-depth knowledge of the major developments in higher education learning and teaching around the world with ability to create linkage and networks.
8. Excellent entrepreneurial, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to work collaboratively and inspire staff and teams to achieve organizational tasks and goals.
9. Commitment to equal opportunity principles, transparent governance and swift response.
Download Vice Chancellor POSITION DESCRIPTION